3 day Sourdough loaf. This is the most satisfying baking I've ever done. I was very lucky to get a fully matured sourdough starter. This bread recipe goes from start to finish with traditional healthy methods just a little bit faster without losing any of the nutritional or taste benefits.
This sourdough recipe takes all day. Knead to form a smooth dough. As I mentioned above, my best sourdough recipe is an extremely high hydration. You can cook 3 day Sourdough loaf using 4 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 3 day Sourdough loaf
- Prepare 300 g of Sourdough starter.
- It’s 650 g of strong white flour.
- Prepare 12 g of salt.
- You need of Lots of water!.
If this is your first time working with this recipe, reduce the total water or hold water back during mixing to ensure your dough can handle the addition. Having a fresh loaf ready to eat first thing is tricky. I've been searching around for help and read skipping because the starter maybe isn't hungry. It has all the rustic qualities of a modern-day sourdough boule, but absolutely none of the hassle, and none of the planning.
3 day Sourdough loaf instructions
- Sunday night: Take your starter out of the fridge..
- Monday morning: Feed the starter with 150g flour and 150ml water. Leave somewhere warm in a container big enough for expansion..
- Monday evening: Make a poolish. Mix 300g of starter, 250g flour and 200ml water in a big mixing bowl. Leave out overnight somewhere warm..
- Tuesday morning: Add 250g flour to the mix!.
- 45 minutes later: Add 12g of salt and then knead for 15 minutes. Don’t add extra flour, keep it wet. Form a ball in the bowl. Cover loosely and put in fridge..
- Tuesday evening: Bash into a ball, keep folding ends under. Put dough into well floured banneton or bowl lined with a well floured tea towel. Put in fridge..
- Wednesday morning: Baking time! Preheat oven to 220c..
- Add a pizza stone and large oven proof dish to the oven to warm up for 15 minutes..
- Add dough to pizza stone and cut a deep gash with serrated knife..
- Put upside down dish on top and bake for 40 minutes..
- Take dish off and bake for 10-20 more minutes to brown (keep an eye on it!).
- Rest for an hour before eating (sorry!).
That lack of planning is perhaps its greatest quality, or at least the. I imagine overnight would work too, but I wanted a same day loaf. When oven is up to temperature take the dough out of the fridge and carefully flip out onto a piece of parchment paper (I like to sprinkle cornmeal on the. One of my favorite things to do is save my sourdough starter discard through the week in the refrigerator. Each day when I refresh my sourdough starter, instead of taking that starter discard and throwing it in the compost, I put it in a tall Weck jar (without the clips, but covered) in the refrigerator.